Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Labor Day! But not for me......

Big brother Nicholas loving on our baby

Sweet big sister kissing our baby


Ella hugging our baby



I'm sure someone somewhere is in labor but that would not be me. I'm really o.k. with that because I'd like this little person to stay camped out until Sept 21. We are 37 weeks today.......wow! It still feels surreal to me to be carrying this little person inside me. God is so good. We feel so blessed. The kids are getting very excited about baby's pending arrival. Nicholas has a yucky cold right now and he was very concerned that he would be sick when the baby comes. He was worried that the new baby would think that's how everyone is supposed to act......as in, coughing and sneezing all the time. Funny.


Speaking of funny......that boy's gears are going all the time. Today we were playing outside and Ella was being a little pistol. I put her in time out while Niko was playing in the sandbox. She was fighting staying in time out (imagine) and I was having to get a little grumpy with her. Suddenly, Niko pops up and says,"Mommy, if a lion were coming to eat Ella, would you let her out of time out?" Yes, son, I would allow Ella out of time out to avoid being eaten by a lion.....good question.

2 comments:

  1. Well, mom, glad to know you have SOMEwhat of a heart for your kiddos...at least you'd let them out of time-out if a lion were approaching! Sheesh! =) Too funny. Hope you guys had a good day....relaxed, etc. Can't believe you only have TWO weeks to go til new Baby Det arrives!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh this afternoon! Loved this story! It's also good to know that timeout does have some restrictions/qualifications where safety is concerned.

    Less than two weeks to go as of today!

    ReplyDelete