Today was a really big day for our boy. We picked up his glasses from the eye doctor's this afternoon. We had noticed he was having difficulty reading the clock that Lenn and I could both easily see. Then we tried a few other things and he would have to walk forward and squint. I took him to the eye dr about 10 days ago and right away we were told that he couldn't see well far away. So, he got to pick out glasses.
He's handling it all so well.......so much better than his mother. He's excited to wear glasses and to be able to see well. I don't want him or any of my children to have to deal with something like this until they're much older.......or preferably never. But thanks to genetics, Niko is blessed with the good and the bad and we'll chalk the nearsightedness up in the bad column.
Nicholas garnered a lot of attention at the eye dr's office today and as you can imagine, now Ella wants glasses. How could she not? The little girl glasses are not what they used to be......now they have several different choices of "Disney Princess" frames. Oh my!!!
He looks ADORABLE! (I hope he's not reading this...I know no 7-year-old boys who want to be called "adorable"...) Love the new look!
ReplyDelete