Friday, February 4, 2011

More Florida Fun

Ella with her favorite princess, Sleeping Beauty, in Downtown Disney

Our happy and nearly healthy family.......I'm holding a chameleon I had found for Ella......he bit me the first time I picked him up......then I found my courage and picked him up again......then I held onto his tail while I placed him on Nicholas's palm.......then he got scared and jumped to the ground.......and then I was holding just his tail and it was still moving!! Yuck!

Ella with her daddy.....on our last morning in Florida......our vacation house is in the background......I never did manage to get any good pictures of where we stayed......oops

Nicholas holding his piggy bank from "Piggy Bank Adventure".......his favorite activity in Futureland........he set a savings goal (retirement, vacation, college or bedroom remodel) and then took his bank to 3 different stations to play games and make money for his savings.......so cute.....he played 3 times!

Inside "Bruce the Shark" from "Finding Nemo"......we are smiling because Bruce isn't real......those are not real teeth!!!

Outside of the Living Seas area

My boys at Epcot

Lovin' the ocean......we stayed about an hour and Nicholas was completely drenched and happy as a clam by the end of our playtime in the water......he didn't seem to notice that the water was COLD!!

Ella's first ocean experience

Our boy dipping toes in the Atlantic Ocean!!



On Thursday, Lenn and I took Niko and Ella to the beach so they could see the ocean. We had totally worn them out the day before at Magic Kingdom but we wanted to try to get a beach visit in while we were in Florida and only 1 1/2 hrs from the ocean. We drove to Cocoa Beach and had an interesting time there.......Nicholas wasn't excited about going at all but ended up loving it, Ella slept most of the way there and then slept on a towel on the beach while Niko played. We now know that she was gearing up for the second round of major fevers and illness for the week. Poor girl. The boy, on the other hand, had a blast and did not seem to care that the water was freezing!!



Friday was another rough day for Ella but we left her to convalesce with Meemaw and Papa while Lenn and I took Niko to Epcot. We thought he would love visiting all of the different countries but his real love was Futureland. There were lots of computer games there.......like making your own video game.....fun. We also rode the popular 3-D experience called "Soarin'" where you feel like you are in an airplane flying over California and you can smell pine and orange trees, you feel the wind in your face, you feel like you're dipping your toes in the ocean, etc.......really cool.


Lenn and I are still trying to decide if we really feel like we had a vacation.......one of our friends told us prior to going to Florida that when you go away with your children, that is a TRIP and when you go away with just your spouse, that is a VACATION. So, no, we did not have a vacation but my oh my did we go on a trip!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment