Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009--Part 1

Yia Yia and Ella in their pretty pink shirts
Pappou and Yia Yia with Mae.......Mae's mouth is purple......there's a very legitimate reason......it's called "Gentian Violet".......long story


Ella the Fairy Princess

Ready to open our presents......except Mae who'd rather just sleep through the whole thing



Part one of Christmas has come and gone. We spent Christmas Eve day in Columbus with Mimi and Papa Don, Yia Yia and Pappou, and Uncle Tim and Stephanie. We had a great day. Lunch was yummy and the presents were a hit. Personal favorites.........Mae: warmies (Uncle Tim did try to sneak in an "IU" onesie......Mae's already a Boilermaker.....sorry!); Ella: fairy and Cinderella dress up outfits tied for first followed closely by the Princess sleeping bag all courtesy of Uncle Tim and Stephanie; Nicholas: Legos and Knex (again, thank you Uncle Tim and Stephanie.......you rock); Lenn: One Year Bible from Mimi and Papa Don.....nice!; Me: My fleecy polar bear jammies followed closely by my new brown sweater. A fun day was had by all.



We spent Christmas Day at home having a (semi)leisurely day of presents and breakfast and play time. The kids were so fired up to discover that Santa had left them each a board game, he had eaten all but a couple bites of the cookies we left for him, and best of all (at least according to Nicholas), he left our family a Wii!!!!! Yippee!! I'd love to tell you that Niko was the most excited about the Wii but I feel I must confess that as I'm typing this, Lenn's and my bowling game is on hold. Lenn won the first set, I rocked the second round and now we'll duke it out for the outright bowling title. Talk about a good way to blow off some steam after a long day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment