Thursday, October 29, 2009

Freakishly Smart


Warning: Do not read any further if you are uncomfortable with me bragging on my son's smarts. I won't do this often but I feel the need to share today's revelations because sometimes a Mommy just has to immortalize the musings of her bright 5-yr-old. Having said that, let me share this......

Today at Ella's preschool, one of Niko's former teachers from the 3's class stopped to talk to us and asked if Niko is just reading everything these days. I said yes and that he's very much into presidents right now. Miss Nancy then asked him who the 16th president was and he replied,"Abraham Lincoln." O.k. Then he clammed up when I asked him a few more questions so we dropped the subject. I was telling Lenn about the conversation at dinner and we decided we'd just see if the boy had any more tricks up his sleeve. I said,"Nicholas, who was the 4th president?" Without hesitation he said,"James Madison." Then I asked him who the 10th president was and he said he didn't want to answer any more questions but that he did know the answer. I asked him if he knew how many children the 10th president had and he said "15." The only president to have 15 children was the 10th president, John Tyler. He's been reading/devouring/memorizing a book called "Wooden Teeth and Jelly Beans" about interesting presidential trivia. How can he pull facts from that book out of thin air when I'm asking him about his presidents placemat? As Lenn was putting Nicholas to bed, he asked him who the 7th president was and he replied,"Andrew Jackson" but he seemed kinda shy about answering Daddy. Lenn explained to him that Mommy and Daddy have to look up the answers to those questions and Nicholas then seemed to think that knowing the presidents inside and out is big stuff! Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment