Last week, we tackled a BIG project. We, o.k., I decided that I wanted us to move the playscape to the corner of our backyard and tear up sod and put a large mulched area around the playscape where the kids can play. Thankfully, my husband and father-in-law were on board and were more than happy to take on the challenge. That is, until they got about 30 minutes into manually removing sod at which point Lenn asked if I might call around about renting a sod remover. Without the sod remover, I think we'd still be removing sod. So once we rented that beast, things really got going. Unfortunately, Lenn had to work most of day 2 of our project so the majority of the 12 yards of mulch that were dumped in our driveway had to be moved by yours truly. Lenn lent us about an hour of help and Niko about 15 minutes (enough to be caught on camera!) and then Carl and I spent the rest of the day working like dogs. Carl was the crew chief and I was the grunt labor and we got it done. Evelyn took care of our kiddos while Carl and I tackled the project. The yard looks great!! (Oops......I just realized I don't have a picture of the final product.......just use your imagination!)
No comments:
Post a Comment